Surprising Zucchini Soup
I really don’t like Zucchinis. I’ve tried raw, grilled, roasted, steamed all of it. Its just not for me. But one day I really wanted a creamy soup and all I had in the fridge was a packet of zucchini. I decided to give it a try. I couldn’t believe it. I gave it a taste before adding the cream and was so surprised. It
was creamy and tasted really good, just like that. A remarkable transformation takes places when you boil it and blend it up into a soup. Of course, you can always add cream or coconut cream if you want it to be even more creamy. Or a bit of butter/parmesan. Cheap, quick and satisfying. A great way to use a zucchini.
350 g zucchini
500 ml stock (vegetable/chicken)
2 cloves of garlic
Squeeze of lemon
- Roughly chop onion, garlic and zucchini.
- Sauté and brown the onion in a pot on medium-high heat, with oil of your choice. I like coconut oil.
- Add the garlic and the zucchini and sauté for about 4 mins.
- Add the stock and a cup of water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and then bring down to a simmer for 15 min.
- Use a stick blender to blend into a creamy consistency. You may also use a normal blender in small batches if you don’t have a stick blender.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon.